Last July my boyfriend and I took a vacation to California. While we were there we decided to hike to the top of the mountains in Palm Desert. Neither one of us had any experience hiking and had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. But none the less, we drove to the bottom of the mountain, parked the car and started our climb to the top. At the bottom some people we met had climbing mats and huge camping packs, we only had a backpack with a water and Gatorade for each of us, maybe we are in over our heads. After several hours, hundreds of pictures and stops every quarter mile, we finally we made it to the top! We concurred Mt San Jacinto at an elevation of 10,834 ft. Our first hike under our belt, we did not over think it we just started climbing and eventually reached our goal- the top.
I set a goal for myself this year, but I just can’t seem to get started. I am standing at the bottom of a huge mountain wondering how to get to the top. My goal is to grow my personal learning network (PLN) and my online presence via Twitter. As a technology integration specialist, I know there is valuable sharing happening on the web and I want to be part of it. I need to start climbing. So here I go...
As I embark on this adventure, I figured I was not the only one trying to jump into this world. And so, as I try and grow my PLN through being an active participant on Twitter, I thought I might blog about it. Personally, it also kills two birds with one stone. I will become an active blogger while getting into the world of Twitter and might make me more accountable if I know people are following my blog. So follow me on this adventure!
I set a goal for myself this year, but I just can’t seem to get started. I am standing at the bottom of a huge mountain wondering how to get to the top. My goal is to grow my personal learning network (PLN) and my online presence via Twitter. As a technology integration specialist, I know there is valuable sharing happening on the web and I want to be part of it. I need to start climbing. So here I go...
As I embark on this adventure, I figured I was not the only one trying to jump into this world. And so, as I try and grow my PLN through being an active participant on Twitter, I thought I might blog about it. Personally, it also kills two birds with one stone. I will become an active blogger while getting into the world of Twitter and might make me more accountable if I know people are following my blog. So follow me on this adventure!
Sounds like a great adventure! Growing your presence via the web is a worthy cause!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement Jen!
DeleteI've also found it difficult to transition from a consumer of the all the wonderful resources found on the web to a contributor of anything.
ReplyDeleteI'll follow you up the mountain. Thanks for inviting me on the journey!